Want a fun late night snack, or an easy weekend treat... than this post is for you (courtesy of Real Simple magazine)
pair it with a strong cup of coffee. delish!
try it out, let me know what you think...
:::easy doughnuts:::
Serves 8 Hands-On Time: 15m Total Time: 15m
ingredients
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 8-count package large refrigerated biscuits (such as Pillsbury Grands)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
directions
Heat ½ cup of the oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat.
Place the biscuits on a cutting board. Using a 1-inch round cookie cutter or shot glass, cut a hole in the center of each biscuit, reserving the extra dough for "holes."
Test the heat of the oil by dipping the edge of a doughnut in the pan. When the oil is hot enough, the edge will bubble. Place 4 of the doughnuts and holes in the skillet and cook until golden brown, 1 to 1½ minutes per side. Transfer to a wire rack or paper towel–lined plate to drain. Add the remaining oil to the skillet, reheat, and cook the remaining doughnuts and holes.
In a large bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Gently toss the warm doughnuts in the mixture a few at a time. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe makes 8 doughnuts, plus holes.
4 comments:
Have you tried this? It looks like it might be good, but I tend to be skeptical of using ready-to-bake anything--cookies, biscuits, whatever. lol. We actually have a fryer; I wonder if that could be used instead of the skillet? Hmmm.
Oops, didn't realized Mitch was signed in on his google account. That was my comment lol. :)
You always have yummy looking recipes Hannah! Ryan made me "cinnamon rolls" on one of our first dates using ready-to-bake biscuits and cinnamon sugar. This recipe looks exactly the same! How did yours turn out?!
Anna~ I haven't had a chance to try them yet... I thought the same thing at first, but all of the Real Simple recipes that I have made have been wonderful. So, I thought I would post it... seems like a fun snack to try!
Carly~ Haven't tried them yet, but I will let you know when I do. I am hoping to this weekend! The cinnamon rolls sound yummy too. Way to go Ryan!
Post a Comment