Our baby boy is already over a week old! We so blessed by this little man and thank God every day for the opportunity to be his parents! Many of you have been asking for the details of his birth story so here you go...
A week ago Wednesday morning (around 1am) I went into labor. I labored at home until about 4am, when my contractions got to 4-5 minutes apart. When we got to the hospital and I was dilated to 2cm. They kept me to watch my progress before they could actually admit me. If I didn't make progress, they would send me home to wait it out! I was determined to stay... so we walked the halls for about 45 minutes. When the checked me again I was dilated to 4cm, so they said I could stay!!! Praise Jesus!
I continued to progress throughout the day, even though it was slow... and around 3pm on Wednesday, I was only at 6cm. By 8pm I was dilated to and at 9:00 when the checked me again I was at 9 and 1/2 cm. If I didn't make any significant progress, they were talking about c section (again, something that I wanted to completely avoid!). This was another point in the process where I had to give the situation to God and trust in his perfect plan. So at 9pm they gave me another 45 minutes and then said that if I didn't change they would have to do a c section. After the 45 minutes, they checked me again I was fully dilated! Levi was born 30 minutes later at 10:16pm!
It was an unbelievable experience and I would do it all over again. Having him here was completely worth every minute! It's also pretty cool how God let's us forget the pain so quickly!
We are all doing well and trying to get as much rest as we can. Tucker is even taking a liking to his brother! We are all so blessed by those who have brought us meals! Thank you.
Here are a few pictures that we took of him today!
Enjoy.
3 comments:
So excited for Levi to be here! You two are already excellent parents. What a blessing he is :)
Oh, how I LOVE that little man. Can't wait for playdates! ;)
this is beautiful <3
Post a Comment