Like everything in life, we anticipate. I was so anxious for this little one to get here and am always look forward to the next milestone, but it is so easy to forget the day to day adventures that melt my heart. The moments that I will never get back. For example, when he is lying on the changing table at 3am and he makes a cute little smily face. Even though we are both half asleep... and I wish I was not up at 3am, I am learning how to cherish those moments. Believe me, I am not perfect in any way... and there are still plenty of times that both Levi and I are crying because we don't know what else to do. But, I know before long he will be sleeping through the night and those moments will become memories!
Christmas is coming at us full force. I love this time of the year and this year is especially precious because it reminds me of the true meaning of Christmas, the birth of our Savior, more than ever. When I am holding our boy in my arms and would not give a second thought to sacrificing my life for his... I am reminded that this is just a glimpse of the love that Christ has for us, His children. He loves us so much that He sent His son to this earth to be born, live and die for ME! I don't know about you... but there is no greater sacrifice then that.
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that He gave his only son; that whoever believes in Him will NOT perish but have everlasting life"My baby is up and needing me. Have to run!
No comments:
Post a Comment