Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Where did August go?

I can't believe that August is almost behind us. What a crazy month it has been. Filled with fun adventures and hardships... it has flown by.

August began with County Fair. Jesse is cherishing these last years of showing (only a few more years to go...) her animals. I told Andy on the way home from the fair late one night that I have no idea what I am going to do when we aren't LIVING at the fairgrounds during the first week of August. It just won't seem right! I think as long as I live, we will continue our tradition of heading over to the livestock sale, rodeos, and bull riding. After 20 years... it's in my blood! And... you never know, our little guy may want to try his hand at showing an animal. Then, we will really be in the swing of it again. Until then, I cherish watching Jess and how well she does with her animals.

I started my third and final trimester last week! We are really on the home stretch now. Only 11 (or so...) more weeks until we meet our little boy! I am so excited to kiss and cuddle him, and I know his Daddy is too! Our Dr's appointments have went well and have nothing to report, which we are very thankful for. He is growing and moving like he should be. We also were blessed by two baby showers. We are so thankful for everyone who has prayed for and encouraged us through this journey.

Andy and a few of the guys from church headed up to Copper Mountain this past weekend to take part in the Warrior Dash. They had a blast but crossed the finish line COVERED in mud... Thankfully they rinsed off most of the mud before he got home, so my washer really didn't take a beating.

Here are a few pictures of the race.

before...
after...
MUD

half muddy... thank goodness for showers!
Lastly, my mom brought over a bag of apples a few days ago. They have been sitting on my counter staring at me to do something with them. So, today I mustered up enough energy to use most of them for an apple pie! Fruit pies are my absolute favorite, so I didn't have to talk myself into it that hard. I still have a few left over too, so maybe apple crisp is next...

apples... and more apples...
finished product! can't wait to eat it...
No more time for now. Better finish up all of the other not so fun duties (ironing, dishes... you get the point)


h

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg Hannah that pie looks out of this world!! I love reading your blogs! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

-Shannon