Thursday, July 19, 2012

sweet little face

Well, our little boy cooperated long enough to get a few really good pictures of his face! It is so amazing to see all of his little features even at this early stage of his life. I can't wait to kiss that little nose! He is truly a miracle in every way and I am taken back daily at the fact that God has given me the opportunity to grow this little guy. What an honor!


They were also able to get a few better pictures of his heart to check things out and make sure that all of the chambers, arteries and vessels were working like they should. He checked out perfectly in those areas and we are so thankful for that. They did see a white spec on one of the chambers. The doctor called it a Echogenic Intracardiac Focus. It is fairly common in babies and shows up in 3% to 4% or normal ultrasounds during the second trimester. Because there are no other signs of diseases or genetic problems, they were not that concerned about it. They did have us set up an appointment with a ultrasound specialist to get a second opinion about it and to make sure that they are thinking correctly. Our appointment is Monday afternoon. Although I am sure that it is completely fine and there is nothing to be concerned about, it is still a bit nerve wrecking that something showed up that is less than perfect.

Through many prayers, Andy and I have complete peace about the situation and know that God is in complete control. He formed this little boy just the way He wanted it and His heart is exactly how it is supposed to be. If the ultrasound didn't tell us... I wouldn't be able to tell... this little guy is moving like crazy, so it must not be bothering him!

Thank you for your prayers as you lift our little one up. We will post as soon as we know any news. We love you all and appreciate all of your encouragement and support!

1 comment:

jlautenbach said...

I am so in love with my little Nephew! I am so excited to get to snuggle him close. He is truely a blessing and am so thrilled to be his aunt! Love you little man.
Jess