One of the best things about the Netherlands is Pannekoeken. It is like a large skinny pancake or larger crape (but thicker). The Dutch put just about anything on them, but I prefer the traditional sugar combination (powdered sugar and brown sugar with a hint of butter). Since I introduced Andy to them he has put his own spin on it (peanut butter and syrup).
Here is the recipe: Try it for yourself
1/3 c milk
1/4 c flour
1 egg
Whisk together in a small bowl. Heat griddle over the stove, and when hot pour batter (make sure that the batter covers the entire griddle). Flip when ready (should look the same as a regular pancake).
You can put anything on it. Sugars, fruit, syrup, ham, cheese, eggs... you name it.
Enjoy!



1 comment:
Wow, that sounds easy! Meaning, maybe I will try it :) I'm not usually enough of a morning person to put more work into breakfast than pouring cereal and milk into a bowl...but one of these days. :)
Post a Comment