Thursday, July 14, 2011

be. present.

I don't know about you, but especially in the summertime it is so hard to stuck in a cubical. I am close enough to a pair of windows, so I am a bit more connected to what is going on in the rest of the world... but, that does not make it any easier. I make myself get outside for lunch and play with our pup. Seems to give me a second wind to finish out the rest of the day.

Lately I have gotten so wrapped up in looking to the future and what is to come, that I am overlooking all of the amazing things that are going on presently in my life. For example.... that Andy and I am on the same work schedule, that means that we can eat dinners together and have our entire weekend (without having to bail on him to go to work halfway through my Saturday) and being able to go home for lunch and refresh my heart and mind. I can't even begin to explain how amazing it is.

Also, this summer the ladies in our church, Pathmakers, are going through the Beth Moore study, Living Beyond Yourself, The Fruit of the Spirit (which I also get to be involved in because of where I am at). It has been completly life changing and had molded me is so many different ways. Teaching my the importance of having peace in my circumstances and patience with the people and situations around me.

With this said, I am beginning to learn how to live only in the moment, and not look to the next... knowing that God has me where he wants me and I need to TRUST IN HIM and be content in that.

Matthew 6:34 | Do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will take care of itself, each day has enough troubles of its own.

How are you being present?

No comments: