Wednesday, November 10, 2010

First Snow!

Yesterday we finally had our first snow. Although it was kind of a shock after 75 degree weather this past weekend, it was about time. It is so fun to be settled in our house and look out to a fresh blanket of snow! Here are some pictures of the white fluffy stuff...




It is so hard to believe it is almost the middle of November. Where has time gone. Maybe it was because we have had such a mild fall, it doesn't seem like Thanksgiving and Christmas is right around the corner.

This year, Andy and I will be hosting Thanksgiving in our new house! I thought it was about time to learn how to make a turkey. This week I am going to tackle trying to figure out our menu. Any suggestions? What were some of your traditions for Thanksgiving dinner? I would love some ideas.

No more time for now, time to start thinking about our Thanksgiving day menu, as well as start making some Christmas presents for the family... what a better time than now, when there is snow on the ground!

1 comment:

Anna Lynn said...

Our family always has a baking day either the day after Thanksgiving (sometimes before too), or maybe the morning of if all the prep work is pre-done. Depends on scheduling. The guys tend to watch sports (duh) but sometimes like to help...we make all sorts of family recipes for cookies and cakes and bars and bread. It's so much fun, and it's a great way to pass the recipes down to the younger girls. I'm in the middle of the oldest 5 cousins who are all girls, and we all grew up watching our moms make potica (a tradition from our Croatian great-grandma), and then we helped, and now we make it while our moms watch and this year the younger girls will be helping. It's my favorite time of the holidays!