Friday, October 1, 2010

changing seasons

Where has the time gone. I can not believe that October is already here.
Although, it does not quite feel like it outside. A mild 82 degrees is not what I remember Fall in Colorado to be... on the other hand, I must say that I am truly enjoying the Indian summer. It will be a real shocker when the cold weather finally moves in!

Wedding season is slowly coming to an end. It will be wonderful to enjoy my weekends with Andy again... I can't wait. After wedding season winds down, then we start planning for next years season. We already have every Saturday booked from mid May through August!!! I may just go insane. Now that I have been through one season I now at lease know what to expect and am then able to brace myself for what is to come... good thing I didn't start in the industry this upcoming summer, I don't know if I would have made it.

As for my convictions about people "having a good time" I have come to the realization, through prayer, encouragement and lots of advice from others, that I just need to focus on my job and do it to the best of my ability. I am a very strong believer in living life as a Christian to point others to Jesus. In the end, actions do speak louder than words and beyond living out who you are in Christ there is not much else that can be done.

Andy is continuing to do wonderful in his new field of business. He loves working with people and helping protect them. I am so proud of all he does and so thankful to be married to such a wonderful man of God.

As for our Church hunting process, it is so hard not to become discouraged. So many times we will either have pre-thought out ideas of what the church will be and walk in the doors already with an idea of what we think it will be or be really excited about a church and then walk in and wonder what we have gotten ourselves into. Through prayer and many late night discussions we are content in knowing that Christ has the perfect church picked out for us. It is just up to us to trust in Him and follow that lead. So many times when we look for churches out of our own selfishness and frustration we fall deeper into a place that is far away from where Christ wants us. A place of selfish desires and lack of patience.

When you think of us here are a few ways you can lift us up in prayer.
  • That we would continue to trust in Christ lead to find a church
  • As we are living among our neighbors, that we would be a Christ like example to them and have the opportunity to fellowship together
  • As my wedding season slows down, that I would be able to finish strong and begin to prepare for the upcoming season
  • That Christ would continue to strengthen our marriage so that we might be able to better serve others through His love.

Thank you for all of your love and support. We can definitely feel all of the prayers and encouragement! We love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we love following your blog! excited both of your jobs and the ways God is providing!