Thursday, December 2, 2010

thanksgiving and other traditions

Well, the Turkey didn't catch on fire and everything went as smooth as can be expected for my first Thanksgiving. It was so much fun to be able to open up our home to our family for a "fancy" meal. I was able to use my china and silver for the first time. The table looked great! Andy was also amazing. I couldn't have done it without him... and I must say, he is a professional turkey carver!

Here are some pictures from our Thanksgiving dinner!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=2225333&id=42113320

The next day we braved the cold and early morning shoppers and found some great deals! Because we missed the 3am rush and were still early enough 8am rush it was kinda nice. The only problem is that now Andy knows almost everything he is getting for Christmas! Oh well... at least I do still have a few surprises up my sleeve! heehee!

Last Saturday we headed up to the mountains to cut down our Christmas tree. In most ways it is a stressful day trying to find the perfect tree, although in other ways it is so fun to have a live Christmas tree "hunt" for that imperfect, perfect tree.



Well, time to finish baking Saint Nick cookies... ( I will post more about this family tradition later).

Much Love ~ Handy

No comments: