Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Young leaders and the beginning of a new semester

I wanted to touch on one more aspect of our trip to the Dominican Republic. It really impacted Andy and I to see that the new pastor in the village of Villa Hermosa is only two years older than us. When you see such a young man take on the challenges of building a church we began to examine our lives and wondered if we could as of right now, have the determination, leadership, and confidence that this man has. He and his wife both can from Cuba where both of their families still live. They were married in the DR when they arrived almost 5 months ago and now are taking over the church were the current pastor is leaving to begin a new ministry in another poor village. This man is learning how to deal with new leadership, decision making, and married life. Andy and I look up to them so much for the decision that they have made to follow God's command in ministry. We pray that they will have an easy adjustment to the head pastor position and learn quickly what they need to, to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the church. We also pray for their marriage and involvement in ministry as a couple. What a great representation of a couple doing the Lord's work.

Typing this I can not believe we are both in our second semester of our Junior year of college. Time really does fly when you're in love! The semester is off and running. We both feel motivated to finish the year strong and begin our senior year. Andy has decided to double major in Marketing and Economics. I am so proud of him. He is working so hard. As for me I am still a Recreation and Tourism major and may be taking on a Communication minor, I am taking some comm classes this semester so we will see how that goes.

Well, no more updates for now. Hopefully I will get a chance to write soon in the middle of classes, homework, work, and being a wife.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new design, it's cute! I have a slight modification to something you said tho: Time really does fly when you're in love--if you're with the person you love. lol. I'm glad time is going fast for you tho, that's the best way for it to go during the school year! :) Maybe we can get together and catch up over this summer......since it didn't happen last summer or over Christmas.

the perfect blend. said...

yes, i agree. I feel really bad that I haven't seen you in so long. We are going to put something on the calendar and make it a date! sorry that time is not going so fast for you. it will soon!

The Pony Pals said...

Hannah You need to put a picture on my blog because yoy are a follower of my blog! I had fun this weekend and am looking forward to next weekend coming up there!
I Love You,Jesse