Thursday, March 7, 2013

Being with Jesus

With a newborn it is sometimes hard to find time for a shower... let alone time with God. It seems like right when I sit down to dig into a devotional or pull out my Bible for a quick quiet time, our boy wakes up. I am surprised he isn't beckoning for me now. I know that it is Satan's way of distracting me and not giving me the opportunity to spend much needed time with Jesus.

but. I won't give in. I am determined to find God time even if laundry isn't done, dinner isn't made, or my teeth aren't brushed... it will happen. 

I've decided to get up a little earlier, when Levi is taking his early morning nap, and instead of turning on the Today Show... I will open my Bible. I know then, I won't be interrupted and I will begin my day with God! How awesome is that?

Our pastor is challenging us to read through one of the gospels, during our current sermons series at church (learn more about Pathmakers here). So, this is where I am going to start. I am reading through Mark. Even after reading through the parables and accounts countless times, I seem to get something new out of them every time I read them. I love how God teaches me different and new things through the same passages. It always seems to speak to right where I am in my life journey. I love that!


so... will you join me?

Now through Easter, I challenge you to pick a Gospel and dig into it. Find one that you may not have paid much attention to or glanced over in the past. I know you will be blessed. 


I can't wait to see what God has for me!

3 comments:

Anna Lynn said...

I have the YouVersion app on my phone, and I am working my way through a 40-day lent reading plan that pulls bits and pieces from all the gospels for a picture of Jesus' last few weeks before the crucifixion. It's so good...duh. :)

the perfect blend. said...

Awesome! I love that app!

Ryan and Carly said...

You are SO inspiring Hannah! Keep persevering in your time with the Lord--you're setting an amazing example for all of us "future moms". And moms now!

So inspired by your priorities and heart.