Sunday, January 15, 2012

complete my first Pinterest project... check!

it all started.. when Andy and I were looking around at Lowe's for a few things that we needed for the house. Without really considering of doing a project this weekend, i asked one of the salesman if they ever gave away wood pallets.... after looking at me very strangely, he took me to the back of the warehouse and let me pick out the one I wanted. i found a perfect one lots of character! at that point,  i guess i had to think about doing a weekend project! haha.

since we brought our little Honda to the store, we knew we couldn't fit it in the car.... so my amazing mama came with the truck and brought it to us.

they are calling for snow tomorrow, so i thought that we better start and finish this little project today. Thanks to my wonderful hubby's help, we put it together in a few hours and now my new shelves are hanging in the hall! here are a few pictures of the process and finished products.

the best thing about this little project was it was really easy to put together and completely FREE! love that.







for this shelf, i did not put another board on the front. instead, i used hooks and put them on the pieces of wood that already existed on the original pallet. (andy's idea i might add)


these were the original designs of the Pinterest pallets. I loved being able to showcase some of our favorite pictures as well as a few antique stamp collector books from Andy's Poppop. I also put a antique music book that my Grandpa used when he played his Saxophone, in New York City, on one of the shelves.

I love being able to display as well as protect these special items and I am so happy with how everything turned out! (and i still can't get over that this didn't cost me a thing!... except some good quality time with my hubby.)

2 comments:

Ryan and Carly said...

These are so classy and cute Hannah! I especially love that they are free. They remind me of a rustic Pottery Barn item that would probably cost like $75 each, ha! Great work!!

Sara S. said...

Love it! Yes, definitely looks like Pottery Barn!