Tuesday, January 31, 2012

clear your head

running or being physically active when the weather is nice has always been easy for me. it gives me a chance to get outside and breathe in some good ol colorado air! although...on those nasty winter days i feel like doing nothing except curling up on the couch with a good book and a cup of cocoa (not the best for my physical health i must say).

these last few weeks i have tried to at least get outside, even if it is nasty... and at least take a walk to the mailbox. i am continually amazed at how much of a difference it makes when you get off your butt and get outside. clearing your head. breathing in the crisp air. there is nothing like it!



next time you are having an off day or just feel like being lazy. get up! stretch your legs and take the dog for a walk, run, or whatever clears your head.



it is better for you than you think!

2 comments:

Ryan and Carly said...

ahh i love running too hannah! i think the best is a winter run when it's 40 or so degrees. It's crispy, the cold is refreshing when you work up a sweat and then you run faster to get home where it's warm! :)

ha! i'll be trying to move more this week!

Anna Lynn said...

So, it's been strangely in the 50s here this week, but I'm not asking questions--I'll take it. I spent 20 min outside with our dog and cat after I got home from school, and then just got back from my weekly Zumba class about 15 min ago...love to dance. :D And yes, I love walking outside after a good workout; I have many fond winter memories of my ballet friends and me walking outside into the falling snow with nothing on over our leotards and tights except a pair of pants because our bodies were so warm. :)