Lately God has been teaching me a lot about trusting in Him no matter the cost. He has been reminding me that I don't have all of the answers and that I know nothing compared to the plans that He has for my life. It is just a matter of listening to this and really taking it to heart.
As some of you know, my job at the wedding venue I was working for this past summer was seasonal, I was so blessed to have some time off and get my life organized after a crazy long summer. This spring I was expecting to step back in the same routine and work at the venue again... why did I think that was going to work and be so easy. I should know by know that God likes to shake things up and push me to reexamine our relationship and truly fall back to His arms again, trusting Him with my everything.
I still have the opportunity to do a few events for the venue this summer and I am very blessed for that, it is just a matter of what else I should do considering that I will need more income other than the six or so events.
Who knows if this has ever happened to you but, it seems like when for months and months I have been looking for opportunities, God LOVES to throw a bunch of them my way all at once. It is overwhelming to me that I have a handful of opportunities around me that each fit me uniquely. To me this is another reminder of Christ's UNFAILING LOVE. He knew that I would need time after the crazy summer to recharge, He knew that I would enjoy having time home during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years to spend baking, shopping and spending time with the ones I love. Then, He knew that the beginning of January I would start to get restless and need something to do.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH ALL OF THE OPPORTUNITIES THAT I HAVE BEEN GIVEN. All I know is that God has a plan, a path that is already laid out for me ready to be unveiled. My job is to be faithful to His leading and ready to trust that He has something out there for me greater than I could ever imagine.
Through this past month one song has stood out to me that has been my rock when I don't know how much more I can take. The song is I WILL FOLLOW by Chris Tomlin. I have posted it on the blog under HANDY'S FAVORITES, so take a listen (the lyrics are below in case you want to follow along).
As you listen to/read these words, I challenge you to ask yourself if you could follow Christ's lead no matter what, no matter if that means to change your occupation, move to another city, sell all of your belongings, or even LOSE YOUR LIFE FOR CHRIST. How is He moving,
HOW WILL YOU FOLLOW HIM?
: lyrics "I Will Follow" - Chris Tomlin
Where you go, I'll go Where you stay, I'll stay When you move, I'll move I will follow...
All your ways are good All your ways are sure I will trust in you alone
Higher than my side High above my life I will trust in you alone
Where you go, I'll go Where you stay, I'll stay When you move, I'll move I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love How you serve I'll serve If this life I lose, I will follow you I will follow you
Light unto the world Light unto my life I will live for you alone
You're the one I seek Knowing I will find All I need in you alone, in you alone
In you there's life everlasting In you there's freedom for my soul
In you there joy, unending joy and I will follow.
2 comments:
That is exactly where the Lord has had us lately too! Thank you for sharing and I will pray for you as the Lord brings you to my mind! What a crazy adventure it is to follow the Saviors quiet whispers of direction!
I am so proud to see you lean on the Lord and waiting on Him to see what will be revealed. You are such a blessing to me, and I am so proud to be praying along with you.
I love you so much.
MOM
Post a Comment