We are slowly getting settled into our new routine here in Castle Rock. In between unpacking suitcases, going back to work and recovering from a little jet lag, I would say things are going well.
For graduation Andy and I had the opportunity to go to Europe for a missions trip/heritage trip with my family. Our first week we were in Estonia with my grandparents. We traveled to different churches around the country and visited family radio stations. It is so neat to see that no matter the language you speak there is always a connection between brothers and sisters in Christ.
We were then able to spend our 2 year anniversary in Helsinki, Finland in between travel transitions. I am so blessed to have Andy as my husband, I couldn't ask for anyone better!
Next we met my parents in London and drove to Holland to show Jess where our ancestors came from and also show Andy a little Dutch heritage. Sailing was one of the highlights of the week. It was beautiful and the sun was shining almost everyday!
Our last week of the trip we drove back to England and toured the southern part of the country. We then spent a few days in London to finish our trip. It was so fun to be immersed in another culture for a few weeks. What a great opportunity.
Andy has started his job and is really enjoying it. I hosted my first wedding last night. It was great because not only was it a beautiful wedding with minimal glitches but it was one of my good friends (I don't know if that added to the stress or diminished it!) All in all it was a great first experience... Congrats Ryan and Carly) now I'm ready for the next!
Continue to pray that we would be able to adjust well to our new environment and jobs!
To view our photo album go to:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2185603&id=42113320&l=6237004cb6
No comments:
Post a Comment