Thursday, April 22, 2010

through the eyes of a 12 year old

I had no idea that selling a home would be so stressful and emotionally draining. I have definitely learned a lot about myself in the process. It is so easy to get discouraged about no offers when it feels like time is running out. Through my selfish thinking and frustration I was reminded of God's truth from none other than my amazing sister.

For the past few days my sister stayed with us while my parents were out of town. Through phone calls from our Realtor about prospective buyers backing out and the stress of the April 30th tax credit ending soon, I continued to get very frustrated. Through tears, Kleenex and asking the questions "why?", my sister reminded me that God is in control, that discouragement and frustration are not going to do any good. It is so easy to forget the promises of our Savior when we are caught up in what isn't working, instead of looking at the things that we have been blessed with and being thankful for what we do have. As hard as it is to remember those promises, when we do there is such a peace. A peace that can only come from Him.

With all this said, it is still a daily struggle to give the house to Him, but when I do... life becomes much more manageable. My sister is such an inspiration to me and so many, through her eyes, things seem so simple.
When you think of it, say a prayer for me to continue trusting that our Savior and His perfect timing as well as His plan for the selling of our home!

~h

2 comments:

The Borrett Report said...

Praying for you guys! I have you written on the side of my calander to remind me to pray for your house to sell!

It is amazing how God puts the must unexpected people into our lives to remind us that He hasnt forgotten us...His eyes are on you Hannah..His timing is more prefect then we could imagine...Looking forward to seeing how the Lord works this out for you guys!

the perfect blend. said...

You don't know how much that means to me! Thank you thank you...