We are slowly getting settled into our new house and daily it's starting to feel like we belong here. Our brave boy has already occurred some battle scars from the unfinished backyard and our sweet girl spit up on the carpet the week after we moved in (at least we made it a week!), so I think we can call it home now.
There are so many things that I love about this house. There are too many to list but here are a few of my absolute favorites!
the kitchen windows
Growing up our house had a kitchen window over the sink. I loved having a view when I washed dishes. Didn't make the chore too bad after all. The city lights are gorgeous at night too.
the piano room
My parents acquired a new piano for my sister and when they needed to find a new home for the old one, the one I learned how to play when I was little, my in-laws graciously babysat it for me. Now I finally have a place for it in my own home. It is so fun to dabble on it when I have a free minute and I love hearing Levi 'play' from the other room.
the fireplace
everyone that has walked in has mentioned that our house feels like a 'fall house'. I am so excited to cuddle up with a hot cup of coffee on a crisp day and watch the fire... and Christmas! I finally get a place to hang our monogramed stockings. Eeek!!!
the garden
Let me just start by saying that my hubby is amazing! Before anything else went in he made me a garden box and helped me plant it. Even though we got a late start on it, it's flourishing! So excited to eat some farm to table veggies in the not to distant future!
most of all... it's these faces that make it home.




No comments:
Post a Comment