Early September brought the arrival of our precious baby girl. After discovering our little princess was breech we had to make some adjustments to the birth plan (to say the least...). After many tries to flip her on her own, including practically standing on my head, we realized she wasn't budging. The Dr's performed an ECV to manually flip her. This brought up the fact that I could go into labor at any point after the manipulation or they could break my water while trying to flip her. Scary stuff for only being 36 weeks along. Thankfully the ultrasound showed she was strong enough and completely developed so if I did go into labor they would feel comfortable delivering her. After a failed ECV I came home with contractions and at 6:30am the next day my water broke. Since she was still in the breech position we were off to the hospital for a emergency c-section. Yippee! Two hours later our sweet girl arrived. Pink and crying.... and nothing else mattered. God is so good.
Our little man turned 2 in November. He is an amazing big brother and loves his sister to pieces! Everyday we both learn something new and I am discovering quickly that he is way too smart for me. I am so thankful for the person he is becoming and love that he is my comic relief throughout the day.
My hubby has been my rock over these crazy months and I have no idea how I would survive without him. His encouragement and grace overwhelm me. He definitely is my better half. So blessed to be able to call him mine.


No comments:
Post a Comment