With the passing of my Grandpa a few weeks ago, I have been thinking a lot about the hope I have knowing that I will see him again. That this is not goodbye. I also think about family and friends that may not have found that hope yet and don’t share my same excitement or longing for heaven.
Don’t get me wrong, I am fully human and I pray that I will be around for a long while longer. There is so much that I still want to do, see and experience. But, when my time comes, I have overwhelming peace and know that I will be with Jesus for eternity!
I have been reading through the blog, She Reads Truth and a challenge was given to all who were willing to take it. They titled it, She Shares Truth. Every week, they give you a passage of the Bible to read and dig into. Then, they challenge you to write your thoughts about the passage on your personal blog or Facebook page. I thought this was an amazing opportunity to dig into God’s Word, so I took them up on the challenge. So, check back frequently for my take on these passages. I can’t wait to see what I find!
This week the assigned passage was Psalm 130. Again it was a great reminder of the hope I have. The hope we ALL have. How refreshing.
I love that in our darkest moments God hears our cries, our pleas for Him. That even in our worst filth, if we ask Him, He cancels our debts and FORGIVES! Friends, there is hope in Him. A hope of everlasting life in Heaven. Once you pray to let Jesus come and live in you, that can never be taken away. What peace!
John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life”
Don't delay! Jesus is waiting, with open arms. RUN to Him.

1 comment:
Love your thoughts and encouragement here, and love her weekly challenge! What a great way to inspire people to dig into God's word, chew on it, share it, and then live it. Good stuff!
Post a Comment