Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sweet Bedtime Snack!

There is nothing like a batch of warm cookies fresh out of the oven on a lazy summer night. Whether you eat them with a cold glass of milk or make them into an ice cream sandwich, they can’t be beat! Andy even takes some cookie dough and put it in his ice cream! Whatever works…

I got a burst of energy last night… so I decided to get out the mixer and bake a batch. Of course I pulled out the unhealthy recipe, full of Crisco, sugar and all of the other bad ingredients… but I had an excuse – the baby wanted it! J
So, if you are looking to splurge on a yummy but slightly unhealthy snack, I have included the recipe.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
1cup Crisco
¾ c sugar
¾ c brown sugar
2 eggs
1tsp baking soda
1tsp vanilla
2 ¼ c flour
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup nuts (optional)


Preheat your oven to 375. Add sugars, eggs, and Crisco together. Mix until fluffy. Stir in remaining ingredients (except nuts and chocolate chips). After ingredients are mixed well, add nuts and chocolate chips. Spoon mixture on cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown.


Happy Summer!
(stay tuned for a baby update next week… when we find out if this little one is a boy or girl!!!)

No comments: