Sunday, January 16, 2011

what are you reading?

One of my resolutions for 2011 is to read more. For as long as I can remember, picking up a book always had to do with my education. Because of this, reading for fun never seemed like it would be enjoyable. So I have always put it on the back burner and filled me time with other things.

This upcoming year I want that to be different. I want to be able to say that I have read some amazing books that have changed my thinking and ultimately my life. I have written down a list of books that I would like to read, but I am also up for suggestions and would love for you to share them with me.

the LIST:

- TrueFaced, (Bill Thrall, Bruce McNicol and John Lynch)
- The Shack , (William P. Young)
- Velvet Elvis, (Rob Bell)
- Christian Beliefs, (Wayne A. Grudem)
- Branding Faith, (Phil Cooke)
- Secret Believers, (Brother Andrew and Al Janssen)
- Don't Waist Your Life, (John Piper)

What books have you read that have impacted your life or way of thinking (or what books are on your 2011 reading list)? I would love your suggestions.

~h

1 comment:

Anna Lynn said...

Well, these aren't necessarily changing-your-thoughts books, but they could be. If not, they will be a nice break for your mind lol. I recommend anything by Karen Kingsbury, especially the Baxter Family series--which will keep you busy for awhile, there's 15+ books about them. It's great though because you can follow the family through so many tough issues of life, and it seems so real, you kind of feel stronger at the end for "experiencing" the stuff with them. A more challenging series that could tweak your spiritual mindset is the Circle Series by Ted Dekker--Black, Red, White, and Green. See this website for clarification on the order of his books: http://thecircle.teddekker.com/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=229865

happy reading with whatever you pick up!