Tuesday, August 24, 2010

INsiders

What is important in life?
What really matters in the end?

As you can probably tell, this last month I has been overwhelmingly busy with weddings and events. It is just a full time job learning how deal with people and their ideals.

Don't get me wrong. I am so blessed and I thank God daily that I have a job. It is just so easy to get caught up in all our earthly troubles that I forget I am truly blessed. God is slowly teaching me to be thankful for what I have been given and to give all of my anxieties and daily struggles to Him.

Over the past month I have been reading the book, The Insider by Jim Peterson and Mike Shamy. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to make a difference in their community, workplace, neighborhood or family. This book has definitely been a wonderful tool of encouragement. So many times in life we are surrounded by unbelievers or people that call themselves Christians but do not actually have that personal relationship with Him. In order to be an Insider we need not compromise our relationship with God to how we live our daily life. We should be the same when we are hanging out with our friends on Saturday night as how we walk into church on Sunday morning.

As an event coordinator, I am faced daily with many different people and ideas of how the best way is to live your life. I have struggled with learning how to deal with all that is involved in people "having a good time". It has been hard for me to know when to step in and say something and when to let people "have fun" (society says that it is okay, as long as no one gets hurt). Is it? Where do you draw the line.

When you think of me, please say a prayer that I will listen when God says to stand up. Pray that God will help me be an Insider for Him, no matter how many stares I receive or how many people point me out. In the end, He is all that matters. Only His approval will count.

No comments: